Backing up multiple volumes with wbadmin
Hi I am trying to back up two volumes at the same time as they contain Exchange databses and logs, and the only way it works usign the GUI is to do both at the same time. However, when I run the following command it fails with the corresponding error. this is exactly how it is asked in the help file, yet it isn't working. Any ideas, this is very frustrating? Thanks Kev PS C:\Windows\system32> wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:\\backupserver\db01\tue -include:f:,i: -vssFull -quiet wbadmin 1.0 - Backup command-line tool (C) Copyright 2004 Microsoft Corp. Note: The backed up data cannot be securely protected at this destination. Backups stored on a remote shared folder might be accessible by other people on the network. You should only save your backups to a location where you trust the other users who have access to the location or on a network that has additional security precautions in place. Retrieving volume information... ERROR - The file 'f: i:' is invalid.
October 26th, 2010 6:16am

Hi If you've just read this, I have answered my own question.... the command should be: wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:\\backupserver\db01\tue "-include:f:,i:" -vssFull -quiet This not only works, but as it's on Exchange 2010 and I've enabled the Exchange extension for Windows Server Backup service , it also clears the logs and stamps the DB. Kev
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 26th, 2010 4:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics