BT 2009 Reference Errors.

For some reason when I go to "Test Map" in 2009 it continuously tells me:
"Cannot load source/destination schema: Either the file/type does not exist, or if a project dependency exists, the dependent project is not built."

The side project is inthe references, I can even go so far as to "replace the source schema" over and over with a reference that the Map apparently sees when I need to add it to the map. The rebuild works fine, the deploy works fine, but the test map seemsbroken.

I had this same error where an Orchestration couldn't seethe Maps Project.Mapnor the Schemas.SpecificSchema. I had to completely demolish the Project recreate it re-referenceall the projects and then rebuild and it worked fine.

Is there a patch out there for this?It is becoming a major developmental nuisance to have to rebuild Projects over and over. Some of these Applications were "converted without visibile error" from VS2005/BT2006R2 to VS2008/BT2009

July 27th, 2009 10:13pm

I think I have seen a similar issue when working on a map with more than one input message - for some reason the BizTalk designer loses the schema reference and it is a little hard trying to "trick" the designer into remembering the schema's location. What I did was use the unload/load project shortcuts to sort of refresh the VS shell with the references. I think this has to do with the cached assemblies in VS that are used for Intellisense, Object browser, controls designer, etc. You might try this.

I think with the unit tests in BizTalk 2009 you have a generated file that is usually hidden that may just need to be deleted out in order to be refreshed when schema changes occur. The generated unit test file and the designer cache can get out of synch and I think this is what your problem probably is. The challenge is in having a way to resync without needing to completely rebuild.

Did you try to regenerate the unit test for the map?

Thanks,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2009 4:56am

Hi

Perhaps this is what you are seeing: http://blog.eliasen.dk/2009/07/21/IssuesWithBizTalk2009OnVSNET2008.aspx(the bullet about "copy local").

It has been reported to MS.

July 30th, 2009 10:59pm

Thank you very, very much.
I was going to start again from scratch on this. I thought I possible hosed my development box.

BTWare theSQL and Server R2'stested with 2k9 yet?

I noticed a message about the sql 2008 r2 in myMAPS e-mail today, so I figured I'd ask.
July 30th, 2009 11:25pm

Thank you very, very much.
You are welcome :-)
BTW are the SQL and Server R2's tested with 2k9 yet?
I noticed a message about the sql 2008 r2 in my MAPS e-mail today, so I figured I'd ask.

I am not sure what you are asking? I know not of a SQL Server 2008 R2, so assuming Windows Server 2008 R2? Not supported yet, no.
July 30th, 2009 11:30pm

Over the next 12 months, Microsoft will have a series of significant product launches including Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, among others.

MAPS= Microsoft Action Pack Subscription. (It's what us little guys use when we don't have MSDN access
July 30th, 2009 11:38pm

Over the next 12 months, Microsoft will have a series of significant product launches including Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, among others.
Ok. Thanks.

anyways: No, not supported yet.
July 30th, 2009 11:44pm

I was told tonight (At the Biztalk Users Group Meeting in Atlanta) that the best way to handle this is to have a script run as a "post process" to copy all the dll's in thier proper places after each run. Makes sense.

I am still not happy with this solution, but it seems to be the best thing for now.
August 19th, 2009 4:30am

They (MS) ARE working on it....
August 19th, 2009 11:49pm

Are there any updates on this? I'm hitting this very annoying issue as well.
Assuming that this has been logged as a bug,MS Supports guys, I'd be happy to test/try any private qfes if you have any you need testing

September 3rd, 2009 10:00am

I have not heard anything, but then again; I have been too busy to follow up on it myself...
September 3rd, 2009 10:13am

The Best bet for now is to write a batch file to copy the compiled DLL's into their proper directories as a post process.
This seemed to work.

September 3rd, 2009 4:11pm

Thanks Ben!

I removed the project and local references, added them back and didn't receive that error.  Kind of quirky!

Hope all is well!

Sean Boman

November 18th, 2010 7:34am

I'm trying to convert and rebuild a BTS 2009 project in BTS 2013 R2, and still get this error.

Cannot load source/destination schema:  Either the file/type does not exist, or if a project dependency exists, the dependent project is not built.

I've tried all the suggestions like 

1) simply removing the reference to the schema project and re-referencing it in the Map project; 

2) rebuilding the schema project and re-referencing it in the Map project

3) replacing the source and destination schemas 

Any other suggestions to try? Please help. Thank you. 

Secondly, my Map project references a Schema project; which is the dependent project mentioned in the error message in such a case? or is the message misleading? 

February 11th, 2015 12:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics