BTS 2010

Hi,

I have upgraded biztalk server 2009 to 2010 . This involved db migration from SQL Server 2008 to R2, and also installation of VS 2010. Now, in BTS 2010, when I create a new host, and create host instances for it, it gives an error - A failure occurred when executing a Windows service request. Service request: Start BizTalk host name: Host_Name Windows service name: BTSSvc$HostName Additional error information: Error code: 0x80131604 Error source: mscorlib Error description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Has anyone faced this issue. All responses and inputs greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

October 6th, 2010 3:05pm

Technical Details of error -

Failed to start the BizTalk Host instance. Check the event log on the server  for more details.

Internal error: "Unspecified error" (WinMgmt)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework.WmiProvider.Invoke(ManagementObject instance, String command)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Administration.SnapIn.Nodes.HostInstanceNode.OnStart(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 6th, 2010 3:16pm

Hi,

I have not a straight answer for your problem, but you could use process monitor and see if it can help you give more insight in why host instance fails.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

October 6th, 2010 3:26pm

Its better to contact Microsoft support in this issue.
October 6th, 2010 4:45pm

I observed one more thing and perhaps this could give you more idea on the error. The error happens only when I try starting hosts which are in 64-bit mode. If the host is configured as 32-bit, its instance starts up fine.  Perhaps some more inputs ? I have upgraded from 2009 to 2010 yesterday. I know not many out there would have tried this yet. But, any thoughts would be really helpful. Thanks a lot.
October 6th, 2010 4:50pm

My personal advise: Like Abdul said, contact Microsoft. Every try fixing this problem could make it even more worse. I would avoid this.

Call Microsoft. As it's a supported in-place upgrade they must help you.

October 7th, 2010 5:37am

Thanks Oliver and everyone.  This error is now resolved. 
  • Marked as answer by bts_prof Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:28 PM
October 7th, 2010 5:56am

Thanks Oliver and everyone.  This error is now resolved. 
  • Marked as answer by bts_prof Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:28 PM
October 7th, 2010 5:56am

Hi sbharati,

how did you fix this error? I have kid of same problem in biztalk 2010 trial edition. I created a new host under a different account (from biztalkserverapplication). But the instance of the new host does not start and I get the same error. please help

January 11th, 2011 3:34pm

Hi Anand,

Check out the configuration file for the 64-bit to ensure there are no custom entries. Let me know.

January 11th, 2011 11:42pm

I also got the ""unspecified error" (winmgmt)" error when starting a host instance.

Resolution: check that the user account running the host instance is part of the user group allowed to run that host.

• Proposed as answer by __Matt Smith__ Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:55 PM
July 20th, 2011 6:31pm

I also got the ""unspecified error" (winmgmt)" error when starting a host instance.

Resolution: check that the user account running the host instance is part of the user group allowed to run that host.

• Proposed as answer by __Matt Smith__ Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:55 PM
July 20th, 2011 6:31pm

You can get the same error as a result of a permission problems.

one example is when the user you use on a the host instance it not a member at the BizTalk users group.

August 5th, 2011 3:04pm

My experience is that I had made changes to the config file that involved the removal of sections for the configSections and had not tidied up to remove the section implimemtaion concerned.  The config file was therefore inconsistent.  Tidied up and all was OK.
  • Proposed as answer by vaibu Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:29 PM
July 30th, 2012 9:42am

My experience is that I had made changes to the config file that involved the removal of sections for the configSections and had not tidied up to remove the section implimemtaion concerned.  The config file was therefore inconsistent.  Tidied up and all was OK.
  • Proposed as answer by vaibu Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:29 PM
July 30th, 2012 9:42am

If we ask MS support team ,they might be taking some time .we will wait but client could not wait ? ,because we faced the same problem with MS Team .

Thanks

Vittalaranga

August 2nd, 2012 11:58am

If we ask MS support team ,they might be taking some time .we will wait but client could not wait ? ,because we faced the same problem with MS Team .

Thanks

Vittalaranga

August 2nd, 2012 11:58am

Your BTNTSvc.config or BTNTSvc64.config is corrupt.

Correcting them will resolve the issue.

June 18th, 2015 3:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics