BTS13 SFTP Adapter Receive Large Files

When I say large files let me quantify.  We're talking about 315KB here.  I've been and am still happily receiving smaller files from with BizTalk using its SFTP adapter.  However, larger files are just ignored by my recieve location.  I've used FileZilla from the BizTalk server using the same credentials and can view, download, delete, rename the "stuck" large files.  I can refresh and watch as BizTalk receives the smaller files of say 5K from the same folder without a problem but leaves the larger files. 

Any ideas?  Any thoughts on how I can turn on some logging for the SFTP adapter like is possible for the FTP adapter?  I have a totally clean event log and right now no errors or debug to work from.

May 20th, 2015 7:12am

Can you try to increase polling interval to minutes and try again?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2015 7:29am

I initially was running at 15 seconds so bumped that up to 15 minutes then 30 minutes.  No change.
May 20th, 2015 7:43am

Do you have access to the server log?  The second or third thing I would try is pointing the SFTP Receive Location to an SFTP server where I could review the log.

I have received much larger files with the SFTP Adapter no problem.

May 20th, 2015 8:21am

We're integrating with an external party based in a different timezone.  I've requested they check the server logs, turn around will likely be up to 24hrs.  I'm really hoping for some kind of instrumentation built into the adapter.  I even tried running DebugView to see if the adapter is outputting any trace statements.

I could install BitVise and try a test with that.  The send handler works fine.  I've been sending 400K+ files all day no problems at all.

May 20th, 2015 8:53am

You can use BizTalk adapter tracing by following these steps in this link 

Using BizTalk Adapter Tracing

May 20th, 2015 9:02am

Thanks.  Seen that earlier and didn't proceed because of the last line, do I really have to get PSS to analyse the trace?  Or is there someway to get something human readable from the trace.  Currently have reflector open looking through the code...
May 20th, 2015 9:42am

It occurred to me that I'm using a 64bit receive handler.  Unfortunately I can test with a 32bit receive handler until tomorrow when the client grants me access to the SSO Admin group on this env so I can register the a 32bit host with as a receive handler for the SFTP adapter.

This seems to indicate the same.  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50db25de-8d99-4bec-b209-7e1650cc2b7c/sftp-recieve-location-will-not-transfer-files?forum=biztalkgeneral

May 20th, 2015 10:43am

32bit receive handler, no joy.  Still waiting for server logs.
May 20th, 2015 9:09pm

Bit of an update.  32bit receive handler idea was a dead end.  I work for a consultancy and got wind of another customer having the exact same issue.  Both are using EFTServer v7 and the BizTalk 2013 R2 SFTP adapter.  One customer tells me they're also running a EFTServer v6 server and it works fine, only v7 fails.  They're unable to receive anything bigger than about 32KB.

The customer I'm working with took a look at the server logs and noticed they have an error code 552 when the receive location tries to receive my 45KB+ files.  They tell me 552 indicates not enough disk space on the local machine(BizTalk Server).  I'm wondering if the adapter is partially sucking down these larger files then running out of resources and throwing a 552 back to the server.  Currently waiting on a response from Microsoft...

May 26th, 2015 8:30am

The customer I'm working with took a look at the server logs and noticed they have an error code 552 when the receive location tries to receive my 45KB+ files.  They tell me 552 indicates not enough disk space on the local machine(BizTalk Server).  I'm wondering if the adapter is partially sucking down these larger files then running out of resources and throwing a 552 back to the server.  Currently waiting on a response from Microsoft..

if this request is urgent for you, you could consider contact support directly(http://support.microsoft.com  ).   Thanks for your understanding.

With regards,

Angie

May 28th, 2015 2:56am

Just providing some finality to this thread.  The project timeframes were too tight so rather than engage Microsoft PSS we reverted to the BLogical adapter up on CodePlex which has a track record for working without fault on previous projects.

Just a tip on running the BLogical SFTP adapter side by side with the Microsoft SFTP adapter.  Both use the same alias SFTP.  So you will need to tweak the alias in the registry after installing the Blogical SFTP adapter.  Set it to BLSFTP:\\ or BSFTP:\\ etc.  If you don't do that you will get a duplicate alias error in the BizTalk admin console when attempting to add the adapter.

I tested the same exact BizTalk app pointing to the same GlobalScape EFT Server v7 folder with both adapters.  Where the Microsoft adapter wouldn't receive files over 40KB we were able to easily pull down files of 10MB+ with the BLogical adapter.  One of our integration partners who are also BizTalk 2013 and are hitting the same EFT Server are using the nSoftware SFTP adapter without a problem.  They were kind enough to reproduce the problem with the Microsoft adapter as well.  We have three different sites at two different customers that have the same issue.

• Marked as answer by Mike Arnett 6 hours 9 minutes ago
June 5th, 2015 8:57pm

Just providing some finality to this thread.  The project timeframes were too tight so rather than engage Microsoft PSS we reverted to the BLogical adapter up on CodePlex which has a track record for working without fault on previous projects.

Just a tip on running the BLogical SFTP adapter side by side with the Microsoft SFTP adapter.  Both use the same alias SFTP.  So you will need to tweak the alias in the registry after installing the Blogical SFTP adapter.  Set it to BLSFTP:\\ or BSFTP:\\ etc.  If you don't do that you will get a duplicate alias error in the BizTalk admin console when attempting to add the adapter.

I tested the same exact BizTalk app pointing to the same GlobalScape EFT Server v7 folder with both adapters.  Where the Microsoft adapter wouldn't receive files over 40KB we were able to easily pull down files of 10MB+ with the BLogical adapter.  One of our integration partners who are also BizTalk 2013 and are hitting the same EFT Server are using the nSoftware SFTP adapter without a problem.  They were kind enough to reproduce the problem with the Microsoft adapter as well.  We have three different sites at two different customers that have the same issue.

• Marked as answer by Mike Arnett Saturday, June 06, 2015 12:55 AM
June 6th, 2015 12:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics