BTDF6.0 Deployment Error(Webservice)

Hey all ,

I have an issue here , I have being getting the following error ,

Target VDirListItemGroupGuard:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1680,5): error : The VDirList ItemGroup is no longer supported.  Please convert to IISAppPool and IISApp. [C:\Users\Desktop\A\xyz.Integration.ESB\Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

Done building target "VDirListItemGroupGuard" in project "Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.

Done building project "Deployment.btdfproj" -- FAILED.

I have the virtual directory in the solution itself , I tried referring https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77026d6f-c409-45d2-aa8a-fc0da8ab4357/btdf-web-services-deployment-orch-publishing-as-wcf-service?forum=biztalkgeneral also but still getting the same error.The webservice is already deployed in my box.Working in Visual studio 2012 R2 , BTDF 6.0

Appreciate the help ,

Ashwin

September 9th, 2015 12:04pm

You may get help from the below mentioned thread. It was having the same issue:

BTDF - Web services deployment

Rahul

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 12:37pm

Hey Rahul ,

Its the same thread I mentioned above , I have tried that still getting the same error

September 9th, 2015 12:40pm

Hi Ashwin,

Please look into below useful article,

http://blog.eldert.net/deploy-webservice-using-biztalk-deployment-framework/

To deploy one or more IIS virtual directories, edit your Deployment Framework for BizTalk project file (.btdfproj) as follows: 

1. Set the IncludeVirtualDirectories property to true

The property may be included in any PropertyGroup, but is commonly placed in the first PropertyGroup in the project file.

<PropertyGroup>
 <IncludeVirtualDirectories>true</IncludeVirtualDirectories>
</PropertyGroup>

2. Add a VDirList ItemGroup

The following is a typical example:

<ItemGroup>
 <VDirList Include="*">
   <Vdir>MyVDirName</Vdir>
   <Physdir>..\MyVDir</Physdir>
   <AppPool>MyAppPool</AppPool>
   <AppPoolNetVersion>v4.0</AppPoolNetVersion>
 </VDirList>
</ItemGroup>

If you need more than one virtual directory, then repeat the <VDirList> element for each virtual directory (usually within the same ItemGroup).

Refer : http://www.tfabraham.com/BTDFDocs/V5_0/DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkDocs.html?IISVirtualDirectories.html

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 6:01pm

Hi Ashwanth,

The syntax chnaged with BTDF 6.0 and please use the below and it is working for me.

<ItemGroup>
    <IISApp Include="BizTalkService">
      <AppPoolName>BizTalkService</AppPoolName>
      <PhysicalPath>..\BizTalkService</PhysicalPath>
      <VirtualPath>/BizTalkService</VirtualPath>
      <DeployAction>Create</DeployAction>
      <UndeployAction>Delete</UndeployAction>
    </IISApp>
  </ItemGroup>
  <ItemGroup>

Here <PhysicalPath> is path with in your source control relative to deployment project and not the path related to your IIS.

Note : My personal openion is People should give/try to give correct answers insteade of just replying to it. The error message clearly says " The VDirList ItemGroup is no longer supported" and that means no point in replying with the same syntax.

Cheers

JB

September 9th, 2015 6:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics