BSOD Reference by pointer 0x00000018 (0x0000000000000000 0xfffffa8006ceadb0 0x0000000000000002 0xfffffa80106ceda90)
Hi, Re-posted, as I originally put this in the Windows 7 forum, by mistake: I've got a server with a bit of a problem. The RAID 5 config degraded and corrupted the OS. - I'm trying to piece back the install and have got the server to load the OS now (needed use BCDEDIT and a host of other built in windows tools. I'm stuck with the blue screen error mentioned above. Which, from all of the reading I've done points to a driver issue. As does the startup repair results I get when using the recovery console: PROBLEM SIGNATURE PROBLEM EVENT NAME: STARTUP REPAIR OFFLINE PROBLEM SIGNATURE 01: 6.1.7600.16385 PROBLEM SIGNATURE 02: 6.1.7600.16385 PROBLEM SIGNATURE 03: UNKNOWN PROBLEM SIGNATURE 04: 21200823 PROBLEM SIGNATURE 05: ExternalMedia PROBLEM SIGNATURE 06: 12 PROBLEM SIGNATURE 07: CorruptFile OS VERSION: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Initially, I was getting an error from a Broadcom GBe driver (which is ISCSi aware) saying that the bxois.sys driver was missing or corrupt. So I replaced this by extracting it from Dell' s driver install file (downloaded from Dell). The question is, how do I tell which file is giving me the dodgy pointer? I cannot boot to windows, so I'm thinking the file is a OS driver file which windows needs to boot. At present I'm searching for files with the 6.1.7600.16385 in the found.000 directory and trying to figure out where these should go. Foolishly, I decided to not backup the server until I had finished installing all of the applications I needed to. I won't be making that mistake again! Any pointers (excuse the pun), would be appreciated. BTW this is a Server 2008 R2 problem.
July 11th, 2011 1:23am

Please contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For more information. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 11th, 2011 1:37am

Hi, As MYousufAli mentioned that you need to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 11th, 2011 6:23am

Well no use going down that path.....All the support guy made me do was restore a previous version of the registry, then when that didn't work. We did a parallel install once that was done I loaded the system hive from the corrupt OS then ran MakeItBoot with /v and again with /v /o switches so we could get a comparison of services. After disabling all of the non MS services, we were blue screening. At this point I was told that I needed to format my C: drive and restore from backup. Not very helpful when I've already explained that I don't want to do that. After checking what see if the BSOD was different (the Engineer never asked me to do that, even though I offered) I noted the following Stop message: Stop: 0x0000007B (0xfffff880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) From researching, I've found that it points to a storage driver (which takes me back to the corrupt driver issue at the start). My question is now, how do I get the OS to accept the driver? I can't boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver. Loading the hive and setting the service resgistryt entry for "start" to 4 (disabled) creates the above stop message. Any advice would be greatly recieved.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2011 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics