BPOS Outlook BCM and Azure

Hi,

We like to use BPOS as we are a small company and do not want to run our own servers. With Outlook and BCM, BCM installs a local database. This database seems to have the possibility to synchronize the different databases on each laptop. Another possibility is to use a centralized database in stead of those stand-alone databases. We prefer that, but is the use of a central database possible in BPOS and azure? in other words is it possible to use a database server online?

May 17th, 2010 12:27pm

Hi,

I think SQL Azure is the "central database in azure" you mentioned. But from your description I think Dynamic CRM Online is what you're looking for. You can get started from:

http://www.microsoft.com/online/dynamics-crm-online.mspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 18th, 2010 10:48am

Tnahk you for your answer Allen. We know we could use the Dynamics Online service, but we want to use BCM. BCM needs a databse, and i just wondered if it could work with SQL Azure.
July 9th, 2010 12:35pm

Hi ReinoutD, we have the same requirement. I just want to put a central BCM database to an azure server. I tried it with the the BCM databas tool. But I had no working result. Did you make any other experience? I also had look at the Dynamics CRM-Online. But this solution is to "big" for our requriements.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 6th, 2011 6:24pm

Did anyone figure out how to do this?
February 11th, 2015 8:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics