BOOTMGR is missing - error when try brand new install on brand new VM, using VSphere
We bought Server 2008 R2 and downloaded the ISO image to our servers. When I try to install it on a VM (we are using VSphere to create the VMs) from the VM's virtual DVD drive, it will not boot. I get this error: BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart Please help me figure out how to get Server 2008 R2 installed. I do not know how to get past this error. The VM is set up to accept Server 2008 R2 64 bits and there is currently no operating system on that VM. thank you, Irma
June 28th, 2011 4:48pm

Hi, You may try the Startup Repair from the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation disk. If it does not work, please also refer to the following Microsoft KB article for further troubleshooting information: How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392 Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2011 7:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics