BHOLD Modelgenerator / Modelloader: missing application name in permission in the Role definition of the exportflie.

I have 2 applications (SAP-T and SAP-R) stored in BHOLD Core with same permission: Administrator.

I have 2 roles (Koos Test1 and Koos Test2) stored in BHOLD Core. "Koos Test1" role has been connected to permission Administrator belonging to application SAP-R and the "Koos Test2" role has been connected to permission Administrator belonging to application SAP-T.

When I make an export with BHOLD Model Generator, these permissions have correctly been stored:

<application name="SAP-T" module="" parameter="0" protocol="DCOM">     <Permission name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />   </application>   <application name="SAP-R" module="" parameter="0" protocol="DCOM">     <Permission name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />   </application>

But the 2 roles are not correctly been stored in the export file:

<role name="Koos Test1">     <task name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />   </role>   <role name="Koos Test2">     <task name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />   </role>

The missing link is the definition of the application to which the permission belongs.

This means that the role model is not correct when I import this generated export file into another BHOLD environment with Modelloader.

March 27th, 2015 10:28am

Koos,

I just went through this and I definitely see unexpected behavior but not quite like yours........When I do this, the roles are added fine and the applications are added fine. However, it only makes one 'Administrator' permission to me and links it to both roles. Not sure if this is related to using same name for permissions with different apps or what. My version of BHOLD I am testing this with is 5.0.2724.......this is the pertinent contents of my export file:

<!-- START OF Create applications and permissions -->
  <application name="SAP-T" module="" parameter="SAP-T" protocol="DCOM">
    <Permission name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />
  </application>
  <application name="SAP-R" module="" parameter="SAP-R" protocol="DCOM">
    <Permission name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />
  </application>
  <!-- END OF   Create applications and permissions -->

<role name="Koos Test 1">
    <task name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />
  </role>
  <role name="Koos Test 2">
    <task name="Administrator" description="Administrator" />
  </role>
  <!-- END OF   Roles definitions -->

One thing..........I used 'Administrator' as both permission name and description. Perhaps if the descriptions are different but the names are the same, it would show the expected results.......I will have to test this later......

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 1:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics