BAM Portal configuration is showing empty values within the BizTalk 2010 Configuration application

Few months ago we installed BizTalk 2010 on a farm and configured BAM and BAM portal accross all the servers. Both modules are working as expected accross all servers, however when we try to access the BAM portal configuration via the BizTalk Configuration tool all the valies are showing empty.

has anybody run into a similar scenario?

June 27th, 2013 10:55pm

I dont think any process would unconfigure a BizTalk configuration. If you had configured BAM portal before and for your BizTalk configuration wizard to show something as yours means someone or something like Service packs or cumulative update has Unconfigured your BAM portal configurations. IMHO I dont know any service pack/cumulative pack would do this.

When you configure anything using this wizard, this adds values in BizTalk databases for us. So if you have configured your BAM portal before two things could happen:

• Your webserver where BAM portal was configured in doesnt exist anymore or your service accounts you have used for BAM portal configuration have been removed/changed. In this case you shall see an error in your BAM portal configuration wizard screen but not like the one of yours where everything is completely clean.

• Another case is someone has run the Unconfigure feature of the wizard to unconfig the configurations. In this case, it removes the values from the BizTalk databases for us. So for you to have a screen like this, someone or something has unconfigured (removed from db) the configurations. IMHO I dont know any service pack/cumulative pack would do this.

Another option for you to do is check the log files. The configuration program writes detailed information to a configuration log file which by default is located in the temp directory of the computer runningBizTalk Server. You can look for any log file if it exists.  Check this article for findng the log file locations: Troubleshooting Configuration

Regards,

M.R.ASHWINPRABHU

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 10:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics