BAM Orchestration event stream API usage

Hi All,

I am implementing Orchestration event stream (OES)in my BizTalk Orchestartion.

This Orchestration calls 3 WCF services one after other.I want to capture the BAM activity before and after each service call.

i am using the below API.

BeginActivity()

UpdateActivity()

EndActivity()

Each time i am creating new GUID  as activityId and passing to the BAM API. It is working fine and  i dont have any issues in this.

Can i use same activity Id in entire process to capture multiple events in BAM.

Thanks &Regards,

Ammu4Biz

June 19th, 2015 12:08am

Hi ,

As you have ended the activity after the update OES statement ,I dont think you will be able to continue the same activity Id in another process . You can take reference from below MSDN article which deals with eventObserationModel for BAM 

Instrumenting a Solution: Step-by-Step API Usage

The best option is to work with the continuation like below line of code

es.EnableContinuation("PurchaseOrder", PO123, AP123);  

Thanks

Abhishek

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 12:46am

If this is ONE orchestration, you only need to update the activity with every call. I assume you wish to record each call durations separately. In this case you can create the set of WCF_Svc_x_SendTime + WCF_SVC_x_RecvTime for each WCF Svc call and using TPE map the service times into the activity.

Another design (slightly more elaborate) would consist of having ONE activity for tracking the orchestration  and a separate activity for the WCF calls with a relationship between the two. So for each WCF service call you'd create a new related activity (to the mail activity) and capture the send/receive times. For this model however you'd have to leverage the BAM API.

Regards.

June 19th, 2015 1:35am

Hi ,

As you have ended the activity after the update OES statement ,I dont think you will be able to continue the same activity Id in another process . You can take reference from below MSDN article which deals with eventObserationModel for BAM 

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Ammu4biz 2 hours 24 minutes ago
June 19th, 2015 4:39am

Hi ,

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Ammu4biz Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:40 AM

Hi ,

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Ammu4biz Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:40 AM

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics