BAM: BAM data not visible

Hi,

I have created a simple solution a receive port(File) and a send port(File) and I pass a text file through pass through pipeline.

I have created a simple activity definition received time and sent time.

I have mapped the received time and Sent Time to PortStartTime and PortEndTime respectively in Tracking profile editor.

I have successfully applied the Tracking profile.

Still when I browse the BAM portal I am not seeing any records for the file transfers I made.

does anybody know why this is happening ? Does anybody know how to fix it ?

PLEASE HELP

cheers

Vikram

January 28th, 2015 7:43pm

Check the BAM Activity tables directly to see the data are tracked.

If data are not being populated in BAM Activity tables, ensure the following is been done:

• Ensure your host instance is configured to run "Tracking Data Decode Service (TDDS)" in your environment. When an asynchronous event stream is used, the BAM data will be first  written to the BizTalk message box database and its the job of the TDDS      service to move the BAM data from BizTalk message box database to BAMPrimaryImport database. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308950(v=bts.10).aspx
  • I you have deployed your TPE correctly, and if engine faces any issue while data being tracked, you will have entry in the eventlog and if the tracking fails due to any issue you must have data in te TTDS error table (TDDS_FailedTrackingData).
  • TPE is not deployed property (host instances are recycled)

Regards,

M.R.Ashwin Prabhu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2015 7:48pm

Hi Vikram,

• Ensure allow host tracking" is enable on one of the host. This is required because a BizTalk Host that hosts tracking is responsible for moving the DTA and BAM tracking data from the MessageBox database to the BizTalk Tracking (DTA) and BAM Primary Import databases.

• TDDS service (Tracking Data Decode Service) is responsible for decoding and moving the data to BAM Primary Import DB and DTA DB. Make sure its running.

For startups I found this article very useful for implementing BAM - BizTalk's Business Activity Monitoring(BAM)

January 28th, 2015 8:49pm

A Receive Port and a Send port are distinct events and unless you correlate between the two (using a continuation token) you are like to run into the issues that you are seeing. So the steps you follow should be

1. Open TPE and select the Receive Location
  2. Navigate to the Message Properties and assign the instance ID to the Activity ID
  3. Assign the Port Start Time to your receive time
  4. Create a continuation and map the Message Id or Interchange Id to the Continuation Token
  5. Select the Send Port
  6. From the message properties map the Interchange Id to the Activity Id
  7. Then map the Port End Time to the Send Time

Refer https://masteringbiztalkserver.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/how-to-enable-bam-continuation-between-receive-send-ports-using-tracking-profile-editor/ for detailed screen shot based instructions. Needless to say you would have to adapt the scenario to suit your requirements.

Regards.

January 29th, 2015 8:21am

A Receive Port and a Send port are distinct events and unless you correlate between the two (using a continuation token) you are like to run into the issues that you are seeing. So the steps you follow should be

2. Navigate to the Message Properties and assign the instance ID to the Activity ID
  4. Create a continuation and map the Message Id or Interchange Id to the Continuation Token
  5. Select the Send Port

Refer https://masteringbiztalkserver.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/how-to-enable-bam-continuation-between-receive-send-ports-using-tracking-profile-editor/ for detailed screen shot based instructions. Needless to say you would have to adapt the scenario to suit your requirements.

Regards.

5. Select the Send Port

Regards.

Hi,

have you mapped the id's (activity id) in TPE to the message instance id or service instance id.

January 29th, 2015 9:59am

Hi,

1. Activity id is set to message instance id.

2. Dedicated host instance for tracking data.

3. Set port mappings in TPE.

4. applied Tracking profile.

still no data in any of the tables in BAMPrimaryImport.

Any ideas why this is happening. Its a simple plain vanilla BAM application.

PLEASE HELP 

Regards

Vikram

January 29th, 2015 6:40pm

• Ensure you have recycled the appropriate host instance for you deployment of the tracking profiles to take effect
  • Check the SQL view for your BAM activities by querig the dbo.bam_[ActivityName]_AllInstances.
  • If not, then if the tracking fails due to any issue you must have data in te TTDS error table (TDDS_FailedTrackingData). Check if this tables is populated.
  • If tracking fails for any reason, you should some entries in eventlog, check the eventlog.

If event log is clean, no data in TDDS_FailedTrackingData, no data in AllInstances view , you have checked the above suggestions like TDDS means you have not deployed the tracking profiles properly which is used to track the data to BAM

Regards,

M.R.Ashwin Prabhu

January 29th, 2015 9:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics