Azure resource manager API

Hi,

I have a question on using ARM APIs. I have two VMs in a resource group. Is it possible to start/shutdown/delete them simultaneously using an API call?I have tried Azure ARm explorer and could see APIs for create,delete,start and shutdown  of individual VMs, however didnt see an API for simultaneous shutdown/start . I coukd find an Azure CLi command for parallel start of VMs, but didnt see an equivalent in APis.

Regards,

Shiji

• Edited by shijisujai Thursday, September 03, 2015 4:34 PM
  • Moved by MiaoJiang 10 hours 14 minutes ago
September 3rd, 2015 4:33pm

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the response. Please note we are not looking for VM creation APIs. We already have a java code which can create VMs by calling the resource manager APIs. The challenge that we have is with the simultaneous start of VMs. We have multiple VMs in a resource group and want to start them in parallel using API calls. We can use the VM start API for this, but will have to put it in a loop and the VM start can be triggered only sequentially. However , we have a specific requirement to start all VMs in a resource group in parallel using API calls, and that is where we are stuck.

Regards,

Shiji

September 4th, 2015 5:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics