Azure newby! Persist an object across multiple Azure WCF Service Calls.

I have created a small .NET Library (DLL) which does custom calculations and such.

I would like to create an Azure WCF service which basically wraps this libraries API.

The library, by necessity, is setup like an engine that must be initialized before use, so I don't want each and every service call to instantiate its own copy of the library. Is there a way to have the first call instantiate the library and then persist it somewhere so that other service calls will just use the same instance?

April 30th, 2015 8:03am

Hello,

We are researching on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
Azam khan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 1st, 2015 3:58am

Hi,

Let us know if the following articles answer your question.
  http://www.intertech.com/Blog/session-state-in-windows-azure/
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/275926/wcf-data-persistence-between-sessions

Regards,
Nithin Rathanakar

May 3rd, 2015 4:14am

No, I don't think they help.

What I need is:

Person one visits the site by calling a Web Service. The Web service checks its object and it is null, so it checks 'somewhere' to see if there is a saved instance of the object, since there is not, it creates a new instance of the object and saves it to 'somewhere' (somewhere is what I am trying to figure out)

Person two visits the site by calling a Web Service. The Web service checks its object and it is null, so it checks 'somewhere' and finds an instance that was created when person one called the Web Service. It then grabs that instance and starts using it.

The object will be quite large (10 Mb - 15 Mb) so I don't think serialization is the answer. If I were doing this on my own server, I would create a 'Windows Service' that would host the object. However, since this will be running on Azure, first, I don't know if I would be allowed to run a service on the Web Server, and second, since Azure could spin up & down, multiple web servers, how would I handle that?

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 4th, 2015 6:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics