Azure insert problem

Hello everyone,

I have a S0 level Azure Sql database. On my pc, i have also sql express installed which has a stored procedure below;

Insert into [azur].[i-barman-sales].[dbo].[CocktailSales] ([machine_id],[Beverage_Name],[date],[kayt_id]) select [machine_id],[Beverage_Name],[date],[kayt_id] from [ibarman].[dbo].[kaytlar] where Beverage_Type='BEVERAGE' and sent='false'

update ibarman.dbo.kaytlar set sent='true'

I have a linked server on my sqlexpress database and with this sql insert query i am trying to copy my data to sql azure database but its not working good. Its taking longer than 10 min to insert only one column. I have about 500 columns to insert everyday and i could not find the solution. Do i have a problem with the query or do i need to make some settings on azure server ?

Thanks for your help
Ates

Edit: My stored procedure is located in MSDB database and i am calling this procedure from delphi.
August 28th, 2015 6:58am

Could you please check the Monitoring dashboard for %DTU/%Data IO/%Log IO percentage while the insert is happening?  Please follow this link on this - http://dbcouncil.net/2015/07/24/for-a-sql-server-dba-how-to-start-azure-learning-part-5-sql-azure-database-monitoring/

If you see the counters hitting the roof then you can probably upgrade the performance tier and check if that helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 7:58am

I found the problem. The problem was triggers on azure server. I disabled the trigger and now it works fine. DTU level is max %17 now. With triggers DTU level is rising up to %98.

Thank you for your advice.

August 28th, 2015 8:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics