Azure cli cmdlet equivalent for msdeploy

Hi,

I have a requirement to use azure cli to deploy code to a website hosted in azure which is typically done through visual studio or msdeploy.exe, I need to push the bundle zip file containing the webapplication code via a unix machine where I can run azure cli. Is it possible to run a cmdlet and push the bundle to azure the way msdeploy does. Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Anil

March 24th, 2015 3:06am

Hi,

Please check this document which talks about " Publish to Azure Websites with Git "  by creating a local repository using a command-line, such as Bash (Unix Shell) on OS X systems to access the command-line through the Terminal application that might be helpful.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 4:15am

Hi,

Please check this document which talks about " Publish to Azure Websites with Git "  by creating a local repository using a command-line, such as Bash (Unix Shell) on OS X systems to access the command-line through the Terminal application that might be helpful.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

March 24th, 2015 8:15am

Hi,

Thank you that was helpful. However the issue I have is the code is in svn and I have been using msdeploy command to push the msbuild generated file to azure. Now the issue is we want to be able to publish the same bundle using azure cli on a unix box, we cannot have our code in "BitBucket, CodePlex, Dropbox, GitHub, or Mercurial" at this point. Is it possible to run a cmdlet in azure-cli which acts like medeploy to help push webapplication zip file to azure platform ?

Thanks,

Anil

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 10:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics