Azure backup to SQL server

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to work out the best way to export a azure database everyday to a local instance of SQL Server. I understand that it is possible to do this manually using the SQL Server 2012 tools and manually import the BACPAC file. However as this will be a daily task I was wondering if it would be possible to automate this process, ideally by using SSIS if possible.

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Steve

July 29th, 2015 8:00am

I think the answer to your problem might be PowerShell embedded in SSIS. 

1.  run a sql export to azure blob storage in powerhsell Start-AzureSqlDatabaseExport [-SqlConnectionContext] <ServerDataServiceSqlAuth> [-StorageContext] <AzureStorageContext> [-StorageContainerName] <String> [-DatabaseName] <String> [-BlobName] <String> [ <CommonParameters>].
  2. copy that down to local storage $myblob = Start-CopyAzureStorageBlob -srcUri $MysrcUri1 `
                                     -DestContainer $MycontainerName `
                                     -DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2015 5:58am

1.  run a sql export to azure blob storage in powerhsell Start-AzureSqlDatabaseExport [-SqlConnectionContext] <ServerDataServiceSqlAuth> [-StorageContext] <AzureStorageContext> [-StorageContainerName] <String> [-DatabaseName] <String> [-BlobName] <String> [ <CommonParameters>].
  2. copy that down to local storage $myblob = Start-CopyAzureStorageBlob -srcUri $MysrcUri1 `
                                     -DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

July 30th, 2015 6:00am

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

July 30th, 2015 9:57am

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

-DestBlob $MyDBFile `
                                     -DestContext $MyContext
  3. Import with sqlcmd.

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics