Question: How to do it for below Azure Services:

1. WebSites (PAAS)
  2. Virtual Machines (IAAS)
  3. Cloud Services
  • Edited by Prasad Phule 4 hours 57 minutes ago created generic question
February 24th, 2015 10:19am

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your feedback!

Base on my experience, Azure Scheduler and Azure Webjob are not applicable for your requirement. Azure Scheduler lets you create jobs in the cloud that reliably invoke services inside and outside of Azuresuch as calling HTTP/S endpoints or posting messages to Azure Storage queues. And Azure webjobs are hosted in Azure as part of your Azure Websites . If you wants to use scheduler feature on Azure VM,I recommend you can use the Windows Task Scheduler is still available on Azure virtual machines, You can refer to this document about how to use task on windows OS:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766428.aspx

Regards,

Will

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2015 12:38am

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply, sorry I did mistake when i asked question, actually we are using Azure services as

1. Virtual Machine (IAAS) (for internal use purpose)
  2. Cloud Sevices  (our actual production code is here)

I got your answer about Azure Scheduler and Webjobs are applicable for Websites services. and For VMs (IAAS) Windows Task Scheduler.

What about Cloud Sevices?

Regards,

Prasad

February 25th, 2015 2:06am

Hi Prasad,

For Cloud service, I think you can use worker role to meet your requirement. Worker role could handle background processor. Also, you can use the startup task to run your exe. Please see this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/jj129545.aspx

Another approach, you can publish a endpoint and use the Azure scheduler to call this endpoint. When call endpoint, it could execute the EXE file. 

Regards,

Will

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2015 2:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics