Azure SQL Database point-in-time restore issues

Hi

Yesterday one of my Azure db's was accidentally wiped and I'm looking to restore it.

This article: http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/01/azure-sql-database-point-in-time-restore/

mentions a point-in-time restore capability that Azure supposedly runs without having to opt-in.

In the portals database section it shows the restore button in the bottom toolbar however I have no option in my toolbar to restore any db. The article was posted in Oct 2014, has this feature since disappeared? Or any reason why I can't see it?

If so any input on how to restore a database to a recent point in time when it hasn't been manually backed up would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JK

February 18th, 2015 2:04pm

Hi JK,

The restore option if available for Basic, Standard and Premium databases. For a deleted database go to SQL database in the portal and find the link 'Deleted databases' at the top of the page (under the headline).

Jan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2015 3:53pm

Hi JK,

The restore option if available for Basic, Standard and Premium databases. For a deleted database go to SQL database in the portal and find the link 'Deleted databases' at the top of the page (under the headline).

Jan

Hi JK,

Jan

Hello JK,

If you have a Basic, Standard, or Premium database you can use our built-in restore capabilities.

If the database was deleted check out our How-To Restore a Deleted DB video.

If you want to use Point in Time Restore check out our How-To Restore with Point in Time Restore video.

Hope this helps!

-Eli

February 18th, 2015 4:48pm

Hello JK,

If you have a Basic, Standard, or Premium database you can use our built-in restore capabilities.

If you want to use Point in Time Restore check out our How-To Restore with Point in Time Restore video.

Hope this helps!

-Eli

Hello JK,

Hope this helps!

-Eli

Hi JK,

Jan

February 18th, 2015 6:53pm

Hello JK,

Hope this helps!

-Eli

February 18th, 2015 7:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics