Azure SQL DB and OData.. Still together?

I am reading about Azure SQL DB and OData. To my surprise most of the URLs are from 2010-2012 and most refer to the "sql azure labs" (which I think means "under development")

Is OData presently, 2015,  supported under Azure SQL DB? If so, how can it be enabled on a database?

TIA,

edm2

September 8th, 2015 10:27pm

OData has a lab we tested many years ago. 

Instead of Odata, a supported way of connecting to Azure SQL Database include ODBC, JDBC, ADO.net and more.  You can find full details here. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-libraries/

Thanks Guy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 7:26pm

Guy,

So it looks like "OData" is no longer of interest to Azure SQL DB but database libraries are!

edm2

• Edited by edm2 5 hours 45 minutes ago
September 11th, 2015 9:34pm

Guy,

So it looks like "OData" is no longer of interest to Azure SQL DB but database libraries are!

edm2

• Edited by edm2 5 hours 35 minutes ago
September 11th, 2015 9:36pm

Guy,

edm2

• Edited by edm2 Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:34 AM
September 12th, 2015 1:33am

Guy,

edm2

• Edited by edm2 Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:34 AM
September 12th, 2015 1:33am

To clarify this answer, the sqlazurelabs project was just an experiment. Microsoft is still actively working with OData and you can see this reflected in the number of "flagship" APIs we expose that are powered by OData: nearly all of O365, Dynamics, and several key APIs in Azure are OData APIs.

We also continue to advocate for the community at large to adopt OData. So please don't interpret the discontinuation of this one experiment as having anything to do with Microsoft's endorsement of OData OR Azure SQL DB. It simply means that the experiment didn't mature into a permanent product.

HTH,
Mark

September 12th, 2015 1:26pm

Mark,

Interesting answer. If I recall, in the sqlazurelabs one could enable OData for an Azure DB with a simple click of a checkbox. If that capability still present or not?

edm2

September 12th, 2015 7:04pm

It is not present and isn't supported.
September 14th, 2015 2:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics