Azure SDK 2.5.1 install issues

Using Visual Studio 2013 Professional, using the web platform installer I select Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (VS 2013) - 2.5.1.  

I add and click install.

The next screen tells me what it's installing, showing 0MB in terms of size.

The operation finishes, however I create the new project and here is what I see.

When I go back to the web platform installer, it indicated 2.5.1 sdk was not installed.

March 25th, 2015 11:58am

Hi,

Please try installing manually and check if the issue persists.

You may download from following link: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/archive-net-downloads/

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2015 3:44pm

Negative.  For most of the downloads on that page, they are installed using the web platform installer (same issue is present).

Installing the files for Windows Azure SDK for .NET from that location doesn't work either.

Interestingly enough, my system indicates the Microsoft Azure Authoring Tools v2.5.1 is already installed.  Still no template.

March 25th, 2015 5:44pm

On another note, If I select anything else from the Web Platform Installer, nothing is really installing:

For example:

March 25th, 2015 5:50pm

Got the same issue with Win 10 preview and vs2015 CTP6.
April 1st, 2015 4:23am

Hi,

Can you try installing the Required components in Offline Mode as suggested in the following link and let us know if it works.
 https://gilleslauwers.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/webplatform-offline-mode/
 http://www.iis.net/learn/install/web-platform-installer/web-platform-installer-v4-command-line-webpicmdexe-rtw-release

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

April 1st, 2015 8:10am

I have this same issue.  When I try what you said I get the error message:

when trying to install.

Interestingly listing out the packages lists both VWDOrVs2013AzurePack (with a description of 'Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (VS 2013) - 2.5.1') and VWDOrVs2013AzurePack.2.5 (with a description of 'Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (VS 2013) - 2.5.1').  As you can see above I tried it with the ....2.5 package for that command but I tried both and get the same error message for both.

It would be nice to know how to uninstall the sdk to try from the beginning again.  I think that's some functionality that the Platform installer

April 3rd, 2015 3:34pm

This didn't work either.
April 3rd, 2015 6:15pm

I hate to say it, but after playing around with various settings and installs/uninstalls (don't get me started on the lack of clean uninstalls)... I ended up restoring my system to a clean state and then installed everything again.

It seems nobody has an answer for this issue.

April 3rd, 2015 6:16pm

I have the same issue

Win 8.1 with clean VS 2013 update 4, web platform install of azure sdk 2.5.1 results in VS reporting 2.5.1 missing.

The VS2013 with update 4 image is from MSDN subscriber.

Note: I have also duplicated this on an Azure VM if engineering is having a hard time duplicating.

-N

April 20th, 2015 4:10am

I'm having the same issue. Was hopeful when I this post came up for a solution, but instead disappointed that after almost 20 days no solution.
April 20th, 2015 11:14am

Have you checked the Web PI logs (c:\users\<username>\AppData\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\logs\install\log.txt)? Do you see any errors in there? There should also be other logs files for each of the components that got installed that you can check for errors. If VS and/or Web PI doesn't show that 2.5.1 is installed then it's possible that one of the components didn't get installed.
April 27th, 2015 5:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics