Azure Resource Manager template deployment failing with 'The request api-version '2015-06-15' is invalid.'

This just started happening. With something like the following template:

{
      "name": "[variables('storageAccountName')]",
      "type": "Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts",
      "location": "[resourceGroup().location]",
      "apiVersion": "2015-05-01-preview",
      "dependsOn": [ ],
      "tags": {
        "displayName": "StorageAccount"
      },
      "properties": {
        "accountType": "[parameters('storageAccountType')]"
      }
    },

We are getting the following:

VERBOSE: 8:38:11 PM - Resource Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts 'csdt30simiostg' provisioning status is succeeded

New-AzureResourceGroup : 8:38:13 PM - Resource Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts 'csdt30simiostg' failed with message

'The request api-version '2015-06-15' is invalid.'

Even though the template is using 2015-05-01-preview. This just started happening. Is it a backend change?

August 31st, 2015 8:55pm

I'm a little confused.

On your JSON file, the used API is 2015-05-01-preview. But the error is related to 2015-06-15.

You need to look where this mistype is located on your JSON file.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 4:38am

Yep, that was exactly what I was reporting. Nowhere in the template did I used 2015-06-15, but it was complaining about it. Plus, it indicated it "succeeded", but then the very next statement was that it "failed" with that API. Very confusing.

In any case, I just tried it again this morning and apparently whatever was happening on the backend has been resolved, because it is not happening now.

• Marked as answer by Cory Crooks 19 hours 8 minutes ago
September 1st, 2015 8:13am

Yep, that was exactly what I was reporting. Nowhere in the template did I used 2015-06-15, but it was complaining about it. Plus, it indicated it "succeeded", but then the very next statement was that it "failed" with that API. Very confusing.

In any case, I just tried it again this morning and apparently whatever was happening on the backend has been resolved, because it is not happening now.

• Marked as answer by Cory Crooks Tuesday, September 01, 2015 12:12 PM
September 1st, 2015 12:12pm

• Marked as answer by Cory Crooks Tuesday, September 01, 2015 12:12 PM
  • Unmarked as answer by Cory Crooks 13 hours 7 minutes ago
September 1st, 2015 12:12pm

Note to future GoogleBing-ers. After looking into it some more my actual issue was using the example here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/resource-group-template-functions/ for listKeys, which has something like:

"[listKeys(resourceId('Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts', parameters('storageAccountName')), providers('Microsoft.Storage', 'storageAccounts').apiVersions[0])]"

However I'm guessing at some point (like as I am typing this), providers('Microsoft.Storage', 'storageAccounts').apiVersions[0] started returning 2015-06-15, which isn't supported for listkeys... or something...

Anyway, solution was to remove that section and just hard code it to some supported api version (like '2015-05-01-preview')

• Marked as answer by Cory Crooks 13 hours 7 minutes ago
September 14th, 2015 2:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics