Azure Queue Storage: Send files in messages

I am assessing Azure Queue Storage to communicate between two decoupled applications.

My requirement is to send a file (flat file, size: small to large) in the queue message.

As per my reading an individual message in a queue cannot exceed beyond 64KB, so sending a file of variable size in the message is out of question.

Another solution I can think of is using a combination of Queue Storage and blob storage, i.e. in the queue message add a reference to the file (on blob storage) and then when required read the file from the blob (using the reference/address in the queue message).

My question is, is this a right approach? or are there any other elegant ways to achieving this?

Thanks,

Sandeep

June 22nd, 2015 6:41am

Hi,

Sending files in a queue message might not be a right approach as we have a limited capacity for queue message ( 64 kb ) and You may have to prefer blob for larger capacity .

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 12:55pm

Hi,

Sending files in a queue message might not be a right approach as we have a limited capacity for queue message ( 64 kb ) and You may have to prefer blob for larger capacity .

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

June 22nd, 2015 4:51pm

Hi,

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Hi,

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Got it,

Thanks

June 23rd, 2015 1:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics