Azure Queue Storage: Delete message

As I understand queue.DeleteMessage will delete a message in queue.

But how can I retain the queue message for auditing purpose?

I want to retain my message even after processing it

June 22nd, 2015 8:38am

Hi,

Queue messages must be deleted after processing and we have no option to keep the message.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 12:59pm

Hi,

Queue messages must be deleted after processing and we have no option to keep the message.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

June 22nd, 2015 4:56pm

Hi,

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Hi,

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thanks,

In that case, I think I'll have to move the messages to an "archive" queue

June 23rd, 2015 1:09am

Hi Sam,

Please be advised that an azure queue can process up to 2,000 transactions per second. A transaction is either a PutGet, or Delete operation. Sending a single message to a queue (Put) is counted as one transaction, but receiving a message is often a two-step process involving the retrieval (Get), followed by a request to remove the message from the queue (Delete). As a result, a successful dequeue operation usually involves two transactions.

When your application reaches the maximum throughput for a Azure queue, an HTTP 503 Server Busy response is usually returned from the queue service. When this occurs, the application should trigger the retry logic with exponential back-off delay.

So it becomes necessary to remove/delete messages after they are received.
You could try archiving the messages to check if it works.
Or even consider Service Bus Queues if they meet your requirements instead.

Regards,
Malar.

June 25th, 2015 5:01am

Hi Sam,

Please be advised that an azure queue can process up to 2,000 transactions per second. A transaction is either a PutGet, or Delete operation. Sending a single message to a queue (Put) is counted as one transaction, but receiving a message is often a two-step process involving the retrieval (Get), followed by a request to remove the message from the queue (Delete). As a result, a successful dequeue operation usually involves two transactions.

When your application reaches the maximum throughput for a Azure queue, an HTTP 503 Server Busy response is usually returned from the queue service. When this occurs, the application should trigger the retry logic with exponential back-off delay.

Regards,
Malar.

June 25th, 2015 9:00am

Hi Sam,

Regards,
Malar.

June 25th, 2015 9:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics