Azure Database connection not stable today

Hello,

Our Azure application is experiencing on-and-off database connection issue today.  

Check the service dashboard but cannot see any error message there.

Anyone has the same issue today?

Thank you,
Simon

January 21st, 2014 11:35am

Hi Simon,

I work on the Cotega (a monitoring service for Azure SQL Database) and can say that I have not seen any unusual or increased notifications to our customers over the past day.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2014 6:27pm

Hi Simon,

I work on the Cotega (a monitoring service for Azure SQL Database) and can say that I have not seen any unusual or increased notifications to our customers over the past day.

January 21st, 2014 6:28pm

Hi ,

Windows Azure SQL Database is a cloud-based relational database service that is built on SQL Server technologies and runs in Microsoft data centers on hardware that is owned, hosted, and maintained by Microsoft. As Cotega post, since that we have not seen any unusual or increased notifications to customers, and there is no error message in the service dashboard. So I guess if your network is not stable, or your database is blocked by long-running queries, resource bottlenecks and so on.

You can monitor Windows Azure SQL database by using Dynamic Management Views (DMV), there are some note about preventing connection-losses, such as minimizing network latency, reducing network usage, managing network connection, and tuning performance and so on.

For more information about Windows Azure SQL database connection management, you can review the following article.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1541.windows-azure-sql-database-connection-management.aspx#ErrorList

Regards,
Sofiya Li

January 21st, 2014 9:46pm

SQL Azure in East Coast has been down for the past 5 hours.

Very frustrating.

They are updating the service dashboard every hour.

January 22nd, 2014 12:00am

Hi Simon,

January 22nd, 2014 2:25am

Hi Simon,

Hi Simon,

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your reply Sofiya.  Do you know if the Azure South Central US was rebooted yesterday.

Regards,
Simon

January 22nd, 2014 6:07pm

Thank you, our server is in south central US. Do you know what happened? Simon

January 22nd, 2014 6:08pm

Thanks, our server is in South Central US.

January 22nd, 2014 6:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics