Azure Caching

Hello everybody.. 

I'm using co-located/shared caching in my cloud app service. It's been running perfectly well for a few months now, but today I've started getting a lot of errors caused by accessing the cache. 

Error is ...

Error: ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>:There is a temporary failure. Please retry later. (One or more specified cache servers are unavailable, which could be caused by busy network or servers. For on-premises cache clusters, also verify the following conditions. Ensure that security permission has been granted for this client account, and check that the AppFabric Caching Service is allowed through the firewall on all cache hosts. Also the MaxBufferSize on the server must be greater than or equal to the serialized object size sent from the client.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Resolutions I've found have pointed to amending permissions and AppFrabric, but I don't want to start hacking around with Powershell esp as none of the caching setup instructions ever mention AppFabric or Powershell. 

I'd be grateful of any advice

thanks

Gerry

February 4th, 2014 6:02am

Hi,

Kindly read this blog [DataCacheException: ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>

Here is a snippet of this blog.

One of the reasons for this  issue might be due to hitting the Windows Azure Cache limitation, where youcan not add more than 8MB data at a time. The simple workaround for this issue is to split the object into smaller chunks, i.e  you can  serialize the object into smaller byte arrays
and pass the arrays to cache as multiple objects.

Hope this helps

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 5th, 2014 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics