Azure AD Managment

Hi,

I recently ran into the situation where we wanted to create multiple Azure AD's from a particular subscription. However, I quickly discovered there are no management options from within powershell. There was explanation given to me that basically revolved around the concept that the Azure Portal does not have any "resource" knowledge of AD's.

It seems strange that I cannot create new AD's from powershell yet from the Portal I can simply add a new one. Can anyone help me understand this a bit better?

January 23rd, 2014 12:22pm

Hi TGoldie,

I'm not familiar with Azure, however, to install a new AD in windows server 2012 and later, the cmd Install-ADDSDomain may be helpful for you.

For more detailed information, please refer to this article:

What Happened To DCPromo in Windows Server 2012?

In addition, to create a domain or forest in Azure with powershell, these articles are helpful for you:

Install a new Active Directory forest in Windows Azure

Using PowerShell to create a Windows VM Hosted AD and join VM's to that Domain - in Windows Azure

I hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2014 12:10am

Hi TGoldie,

Im writing to just check in to see if the suggestions were helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Best Regards

Anna

TechNet Community Support

February 2nd, 2014 10:01pm

Maybe asking question in the Azure AD Forum will help you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/home?forum=windowsazureaditpro

Hope this helps

February 3rd, 2014 12:18am

Hi TGoldie,

I'm not familiar with Azure, however, to install a new AD in windows server 2012 and later, the cmd Install-ADDSDomain may be helpful for you.

For more detailed information, please refer to this article:

What Happened To DCPromo in Windows Server 2012?

In addition, to create a domain or forest in Azure with powershell, these articles are helpful for you:

Install a new Active Directory forest in Windows Azure

Using PowerShell to create a Windows VM Hosted AD and join VM's to that Domain - in Windows Azure

I hope this helps.

Anna....The ADDS and Windows Azure AD (WAAD) are two very different beasts.

WAAD provides only identity authentication across the cloud services (only works with User Objects).

The two links you have given at the end are for installing ADDS on a VM running in Azure.

Hope this doesn't confuse people.

February 3rd, 2014 12:28am

Hi DexterPOSH,

Thank you for pointing out my mistakes and the efforts of this forum.

February 9th, 2014 8:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics