Automount Disable not working properly
Hi Adam, The automount command line may apply to a new basic or dynamic volume when it is added to the system, and then assigns a drive letter to the volume. If you want to prevent a USB, please see: How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823732 To simply prevent the SAN disk from presented online, set the san policy as disable by running: Diskpart SAN POLICY =OfflineAll See if this helps. Note: Please present a SAN disk (other than USB device) for test purpose. Thanks. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 15th, 2012 7:02am

Hi Adam, The automount command line may apply to a new basic or dynamic volume when it is added to the system, and then assigns a drive letter to the volume. If you want to prevent a USB, please see: How can I prevent users from connecting to a USB storage device? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823732 To simply prevent the SAN disk from presented online, set the san policy as disable by running: Diskpart SAN POLICY =OfflineAll See if this helps. Note: Please present a SAN disk (other than USB device) for test purpose. Thanks. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 15th, 2012 7:02am

Hello, I'm trying to configure a backup server that is sharing the same LUNs as my ESX environment. I know it is good practice to disable automount when doing this however, when automount is disabled, it does not appear to work correctly. On my Windows 2008 R2 server i ran DISKPART>Automount>Scrub and Automount>disable. Rebooted the server Attached a USB flash drive (for testing before presenting SAN) Results: Flash drive mounts itself and windows assigns a drive letter I have also tried DISKPART>SAN=Offlineshared if this matters. Am I missing a step for disabling automount? I want the disk manager to see the drives in an unknown online state, i do not want drive letters or for any SAN disks to be attached. Thanks in advance!
November 19th, 2012 4:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics