Automatically create user folder in network drive
Hello, I have a basic logon.bat file which maps the user network drives in windows server 2008. I was wondering if there is any way, when I add a new user it should automaticaly create an folder with the perticular user name in the network drive and my logon.bat should be able to map it.
December 25th, 2011 1:34pm

You ask a good question. If you are willing to do it via GUI, then you can just use the Profile tab, and the Home folder, this will create the folder with access only to that user. BUT if you want to do this auto, then the same function does not exist. There are GPO functions to create folders, and even map drives, but setting the privilages on that folder to only that user, well, now that is the crux. We have tried alot, but it apopears we will be sticking with our scripts for a while.BlankMonkey
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 2:26pm

Thanks for the replys. What I acctlually ment is to create a user folder automatically on a different server(storage server) which is in the same domain and I have a logon script which map the %username% folder on the storage server.
December 25th, 2011 2:44pm

In ADUC under the Profile tab in the home folder if you put \\servername\share\%username% that would create a folder for you.I have it on good authority that if you type Google into Google you will bring down the internet...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 3:40pm

as a profile folder you can create automatically. If you want some different folder on network, therefore we have to use some script(powershell).Once u select the method pls post then we can work for the scriptDarshana Jayathilake
December 25th, 2011 8:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics