Automatic shutdown & restart
Hi there, hope somebody could help me. we have an IBM X3500 server running WinServer2003. is there a way to automate the shutdown & restart in WinServer2003? Thanks
December 20th, 2010 9:59pm

Schedule a restart 1. Create a batch file called downtime.bat using notepad. 2. Add this line in the batch: shutdown -r -f -t 30 (note: -r = Shutdown and restart the computer, -f = Forces running applications to close without warning, -t 30 = Set timeout for shutdown to 30 seconds) and save the downtime.bat at C drive. 3. Open Scheduled Tasks by going to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools. 4. Click Add Scheduled Tasks. 5. Browse the downtime.bat from C drive. 6. Follow the screen to setup the day and time. 7. Assign a user who has administrator rights and finish the settings. Note: the shutdown options may different deepening on eth version of the shutdown command. Dave Dave Lawlor I offer advice as is, and you use that advice at your own risk. I am not in your environment so I may not infer everything that is going on there from your post/question. Use common sense if you know this advice conflicts with your environment.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 21st, 2010 12:10am

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. that would be for the shutdown & restart. but i forgot to include that i would like the unit to start up after on its own. scenario: computer will power on @ 8am & shutdown @ 9pm. would that be possible? thanks
December 21st, 2010 12:35am

Hi, After a computer shut down, the only way we can start it is manually pressing the power button. Thanks. NinaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 21st, 2010 5:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics