Automatic Update Windows Server 2003
Our former outside consultant did not like using the automatic update feature and has somehow disabled it on our servers. I am unable to correct this through the GUI or services. The option is grayed out no matter what permissions the user (domain admin, admin, etc) has. Any suggestions on how I can get automatic update services turned on again?Thank you
May 19th, 2009 7:30pm

Hi, You can try below: 1. Click Start, click Run and type REGEDIT.EXE and press Enter. 2. Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU 3. In the right-pane, delete the two values AUOptions and NoAutoUpdate. 4. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ WindowsUpdate 5. In the right-pane, delete the value DisableWindowsUpdateAccess. If the issue persists, I suggest referring the following article:How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry settingshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/328010Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2009 4:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics