Automate folder permissions in windows server 2008
Hi, I am modifying folder permissions to user called 'IUSR' in security tab. I typed below command "C:\>icacls D:\VA /grant IUSR:F processed file: D:\VA Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files" And when i navigated to and checked folder permission of VA, it still shows read & execute. Could please let me know if the above cmd is proper for windows server 2008?
October 5th, 2010 7:51am

it says that it have processed can you please run the command and paste it here icacls D:\VA Thankshttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2010 8:11am

Hi, Please let us know your previous permission settings on the folder? read & execute? Does it have inherited permission? For further research, please run the following command and collect the file for research. icacls D:\VA >>D:\permission.txt Please open permission.txt and paste the content for research. Thanks. NinaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 8th, 2010 6:40am

Hi, Please let us know your previous permission setting on the folder? Read & Execute? For further research, please run the following commands one by one. 1. Run “icacls D:\VA >>D:\permission.txt” and press Enter 2. Run “icacls D:\VA /grant IUSR:F” and press Enter 3. Run “icacls D:\VA >>D:\permission1.txt” and press Enter Please open permission.txt and permission1.txt, paste the contents separately for research. Thanks. Nina
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 8th, 2010 6:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics