Auto Refresh after failure
I have a couple reports that I am using the auto refresh feature. It works fine until something happens with the server or data etc. I am trying to figure out a way to keep the auto refresh going so once the issue is fixed it will work again. Right now I have to manually refresh for it to work again. is there a way to get it to keep auto refreshing even after an error? Thank you.
September 14th, 2015 9:32am

Hi, 

According to your description, you want to keep on auto-refresh the report when an error occurred, right? 

In Reporting Services, we can set AutoRefresh property so that the report will be automatically refreshed every seconds. In you scenario, if you want the report keep on auto-refreshing the report after an error occurred, it cannot be achieved currently. It's because that since the error is thrown when processing or rendering the report, Reporting Services will stop process this report. So nothing (like autorefresh) will be processed after an error occurred in the report. 

In our local environment, we have tested this scenario and since the error occurred, the report will not be processed unless manually refreshing the report. 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2015 2:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics