Auto Password Changed

I could like to come up with a scrip that changes an AD password every week to something random and emails the password of that account? Anyone know how to do this? How hard would this be?

Would be just one account that we use for guest wireless access. 

August 27th, 2015 9:28pm

Can you post your email addres and password and I will answer your question.

I am glad you realize that emailing of personal information  is very safe.  I would also like you to post your credit card info. This would make it easier for us to help you.

Remember that all email systems are secure and this website is secure. After all it is HTTPS isn't it?

I am waiting for your secure response.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 9:49pm

Emailing account passwords is never a good Idea; Irrespective of what the account is used for.
August 28th, 2015 3:30am

There are several ways to look at sending passwords via e-mail. First of all it is not secure like our two "helpful" friends pointed out. But you shouldn't shoot down the idea if you do not know what the current situation is. In most companies I know, the guest wifi password never/hardly changes at all and they are printed onto little cards that are in all the meeting rooms. This idea does not aim for the stars but it could atleast be an improvement of the current situation.

You could use a combination of the following CMDlets to achieve this.

Set-ADAccountPassword - To change the AD password.

Use the following link to generate a random password: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2013/06/03/generating-a-new-password-with-windows-powershell.aspx

Send-MailMessage - Send out the actual email.

August 28th, 2015 8:55am

Guest wireless users should not need access to your AD. Since these are guest giving them any AD rights is not a good idea.

August 28th, 2015 9:07am

Very true, I wouldn't give them rights to connect to AD either.

August 28th, 2015 9:38am

This is how people get to be admins and allow government and other places to get hacked.

I recommend that, to make it easier for you guys to work with computers, we should do away with passwords altogether.

Does that help you?

August 28th, 2015 9:45am

We should get rid of passwords all together and use better forms of authentication. Like Trusted Environment Authentication, Biometrics, Near Field Communications (NFC), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), etc.... To bad most of them are still in the Proof of Concept phase. But now we are getting a bit too far off topic.
August 28th, 2015 10:05am

We should get rid of passwords all together and use better forms of authentication. Like Trusted Environment Authentication, Biometrics, Near Field Communications (NFC), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), etc.... To bad most of them are still in the Proof of Concept phase. But now we are getting a bit too far off topic.

Now you know that would not make the kids happy.  They would want a system that can be sent easily in email.

I prefer two-token biometric authentication and good use of certificates.  All of this is currently in use.  Also proper design of secured systems is necessary as well as education for technicians (this is the impossible part - The concepts "education" and "technician" don't mix with todays kids)

August 28th, 2015 10:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics