Authentication with 802.1x EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC
I'm trying to use a 2008 NPS radius server to authenticate my Cisco IP phones, which support 802.1x. The phone is handing off its cert to use for authentication. I've got the Cisco MIC CA cert imported as a trusted CA, but that doesn't seem to be enough. The radius server logs it as reason 8, The specified user account does not exist. I can use certs to authenticate my laptops, so the basic layer of using certificates is working. I just can't seem to be able to use the Cisco phone's MIC. Any ideas?
October 6th, 2010 3:01pm

Hi, As you can authenticate your laptops with EAP-TLS, it seems the issue is more related to Cisco. I suggest that you contact Cisco for assistance. I also searched the Internet and got the following post: 802.1x phone authentication for EAP-TLS via MIC only? https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2033771 Hope it is helpful for your work. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 12th, 2010 3:40am

Hi, Have you found a solution for authencication whit EAP-TLS using MIc through radius NPS? I have the same problem. Any help would be great
June 28th, 2011 10:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics