Authentication failing for Mirror dbase on SQLserver V14

When I try to setup mirror on a SQLserver dbase using windows Authenticated login I get error:-

Login failed for user 'SERVERB\Administrator'. (Microsoft SQL Server , Error: 4060)

The login connect string however on selection of SERVERB from SERVERA has a greyed out option for using Windows Authenticated login which clearly shows

Username: SERVERA\Administrator

It is odd that the error coming back is showing SERVERB\Administrator on the rejection. (somehow the machines got swapped over in the authentication)

The strange thing is if you use the SQLserver studio on SERVERA to connect to SERVERB using the object browser and Windows authenticated login it all works fine without errors. clearly the Mirror software is using some other means/privs of login to establish the connection.

The two machines SERVERA and SERVERB are in the same Domain (DOM1) but they are not using a domain user account.

They are using Administrator user on both independent machines. The SQLSERVER install specified both Windows and sqlserver logins. The mirror is to use Windows authenticated login.

Is there some login priv we are missing The sqlserver security has allowed this type of login......

August 24th, 2015 8:16am

I can guess that service account of SQL Server is LocalSystem. Please change that to domain account.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 9:45am

Use service accounts with naming convention to avoid confusion.

add these users to the local admin groups.

If you use local accounts it is possible that your login fails even when fail over.

It is better to use domain accounts. 

August 24th, 2015 9:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics