AutenTec Fingerprint reader stopped working
Have been using my fingerprint reader to sign in but overtime i found out that it is no longer working. Have tried reinstalling using the latest drivers but still found out that its not working, gone to the extent of uninstalling my HP protect tools and install the version 4.0 and can't see any changes. Had to do system recovery but am still stuck on all roads...how can i get my fingerprit working back. I use HP2710p system with AutenTec Fingerprint reader on Vista Businness
April 20th, 2011 10:35am

Please post your query on Mircrosot Answers or HP forum. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2011 11:12am

Hi, As the AutenTec Fingerprint Reader cannot work on Vista Business computer, the issue can be caused due to the hardware factor or the operating system (OS) factor. Please report the issue to HP first for detailed and precise information about their product. If you need to involve Vista support, please submit a new thread via the following link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/itprovistahardware/threads Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 22nd, 2011 7:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics