Assistant field not appeared in AD ( user account )
How to get "assistant" field into the user account properties ? Regards, Amjuu-Anu ..
May 10th, 2011 5:26am

Hello, i can not follow you, did you create your own schema change for it and it is not shown?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2011 6:20am

I didn't create anything. Assistant field not displaying on User Account Properties. Regards, Amjuu-Anu ..
May 10th, 2011 6:24am

Hello, where should this stay, can't see it on my user account properties, please upload a screenshot from it to Windows Sky drive so we can see where you talking about? Which OS version do you use?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 10th, 2011 9:34am

The user class in AD has an "assistant" attribute, which is data type DN. It would be the Distinguished Name of the assistant. It is similar to the manager attribute, except there is no corresponding backlink attribute. It does not show up in ADUC, but can be viewed and modified on the "Attribute Editor" tab, if you have Windows Server 2008. On Windows Server 2003 you can use ADSI Edit. Does this help? Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
May 10th, 2011 1:08pm

You can use ADModify.net to set a custom attribute. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996216(EXCHG.65).aspx Thanks
May 10th, 2011 8:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics