Aspnet_regsql.exe
Hi all,
Please help me.
I got this error when I am execute Aspnet_regsql.exe:

An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallMembership.sql'. The SQL error number is 4188 and the SqlException message is: Column or parameter '@Comment' has type 'ntext' and collation 'Persian_100_CS_AS_KS_WS_SC'. The legacy LOB types do not support Unicode supplementary characters whose codepoints are U+10000 or greater. Change the column or parameter type to varchar(max), nvarchar(max) or use a collation which does not have the _SC flag.

what is solution? please help me.
If I uninstall SQL Server and reinstall it again with default collation this Problem is sloved or not?
August 13th, 2013 1:51am

If I uninstall SQL Server and reinstall it again with default collation this Problem is sloved or not?

Instead you could try to modify 'InstallMembership.sql' script so the database will be created with the required collation instead of using the server default collation.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2013 2:04am

How can do this?
August 13th, 2013 2:19am

Edit the "InstallCommon.sql" file, direct on the top the "aspnet" database is created. There is a variable @dboption with contains only a comment; here you can add the COLLATE option for the database collation

--SET @dboptions = N'/**/'
SET @dboptions = N'COLLATE ...yourcollation ...'
SET @dbname = N'aspnetdb' IF (NOT EXISTS (SELECT name FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases WHERE name = @dbname)) BEGIN PRINT 'Creating the ' + @dbname + ' database...' DECLARE @cmd nvarchar(500) SET @cmd = 'CREATE DATABASE [' + @dbname + '] ' + @dboptions EXEC(@cmd) END GO
You can find the script "InstallCommon.sql" in the Windows Framework folder, e.g. for .NET 4.0:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2013 2:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics