Asking login prompt while deploying ssrs 2008

I have configured my reporting server on sql 2008... after i have created sample rdl report, and setting the targetserverurl e.g)http\\Home\reprtserver\ , then am trying to deploy my solution it ask for username and password.. Then i opened report services configuration from configuration tools, in that am trying to navigate to the Url presnt on (Web service url), it's also asking for the same. Ever thing happening on my server it self.

I am using windows authentication only.. no credentials have been set.

Any one help me on this....

Thx in advance

January 11th, 2011 11:36am

What you can do is to specify the credentials also along with Windows Authentication.

In Credentials section of configuration Database wizard of Reporting services configuration:

You choose:

Authetication Type - Windows Authentication

Username: domain/user

Password:  *******

(specify credentials of an administrator on this sql box.)

Hope it helps!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 11th, 2011 12:43pm

Manoj thanks for your response, one more problem i have is, when i check the properties of my PC it's not in domain, is in workstation.So i can't able to set windows authentication(your domain name is wrong). For these type of machine what we can do.....
January 12th, 2011 7:15am

Sabrinathan,

Try getting your machine into domain then.

Also, you can explore other authorization types : Service Credentials - For this you must specify a service account in your Reporting services configuration.

January 12th, 2011 10:00am

Manoj, Once again thanks again for your response

I listed all my configuration setting of reporting service

1.service account (use build-in account) in that i have used local system.

2.Web service Url: virtual directoryname is ReportServer

2.1 Report server Web service site identification

Ipaddress-All Assigned(Recommended)

TCP Port-8080

ssl certificate and ssl port not selected

as a result of those settings i get a Url (http://Home:8080/Reportserver ) when i click on this url it asking for uername and password

3. Database:Current reportserver Database-- In this i have set

Authentication Type to:Current user(Integration Security)

credentials to: service account

Current reportserver Database Credentials:

credentials:service account

username:Localsystem

password:*******(I dont know what the password is, it generated automatically)

4.Reportmanager Url:

Active Directory:Reports as aresult it generate a url (http://Home:8080/Reports) when i click on this url it asking for uername and password

This is the thing i have done, one thing i cant able to get my PC to domain. Becoz it's individual PC used in my room.

January 12th, 2011 2:06pm

Hi Sabarinathan87,

This issue might be due to incorrect Kerberos settings too.

By default, SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) 2008 is kerberos enabled. In this case, if we don't configure the Service Principal Name(SPN), we might get the login dialog.

To fix the issue, please force the SSRS to use NTLM authentication only:

1. Open the rsreportserver.config using text editor. The configuration file can be found from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer by default.
  2. Comment the element <RSWindowsNegotiate/> or remove it.
  3. Save the configuration file.
  4. Restart the SSRS.

Now, we should be able to deploy the reports.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Jin Chen

January 14th, 2011 10:59am

Chen,

I have done the changes, but still it promting the alert.....now it look like this 

<Authentication>

<AuthenticationTypes>

<!--<RSWindowsNegotiate/>-->

<RSWindowsNTLM/>

<AuthenticationTypes/>

<EnableAuthpersistence>false<EnableAuthpersistence/>

<Authentication>

When i deploy again it asking for username and password

Thanks,

SABARINATHANT87

January 17th, 2011 3:22pm

Hi,

You might want to change from your Services -> Reporting Services LogOnAs - Local System. It might be using currently Local or Network Service. Then restart SSRS and see. I also had similar issue of prompting for login.

January 17th, 2011 3:28pm

BI_ULTRADEV

Can you please explain the steps.... to change this

Thanks

SABARINATHAN87

January 17th, 2011 3:49pm

Right click Computer -> Manage -> Services -> SQL Server Reporting-> Properties-> Log On

And don't forget to restart service. See if this works for you.

January 17th, 2011 6:20pm

BI_UltraDev

It is alread on same setting... is there any thing to check.

Thanks

SABARINATHAN87

January 18th, 2011 2:31pm

Hi SABARINATHAN87,

All you have done looks good.

Could you please post the screenshot of the TargetServerURL in the Report Server Project(in Business Intelligence Development Studio)?

Thanks,
Jin Chen

January 19th, 2011 7:15am

Hi Jin Chen,

I can't able to attach my screenshot on this, you provide your mail id i just send all those details to you. If you feel any security issue for providing your mail id. plz make a note of mine sabarinathant87@gmail.com, and send one mail accordingly....

Thanks,

SABARINATHAN87

January 19th, 2011 3:09pm

Hi Jin,

I have similar issue with SSRS 2005. I am trying to deploy from my local to a remote server location. I have been asked for credentials. Even though I give my credentials right, I have been asking for credentials. I do not have reporting server service in my local box.

Can you please suggest if this is the problem and is there any work around for this?

Thanks for your help!

Deepthi

January 21st, 2011 6:46am

The problem is resolved now. I changed the url so that it points to client ReportServer and this worked. :)

Thanks for all your posts!

January 21st, 2011 10:39am

Jin Chin,

Thanks for your response on my Mailid...i have taken all the screen shots of reportserver configuration.... but i can't able to send those files to your id.When am sending you a maill,after two or three second new mail coming from MAILER-DAEM statting that your msg has not been send to your recepient. If you receive any mail plz respond me..... else provide any personal mailid

Regards,

SABARINATHAN87

January 21st, 2011 8:06pm

Jin Chin,

Why you r not responding to my post....

Thanks,

SABARINATHAN87

February 2nd, 2011 2:43pm

Hi Sabarinathan87,

I didn't recevied the mail, as I am no longer in the SQL Server Forum Support team. And, now, I am on a Chinese New Year publich holidays. I will contact you days later.
Appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,
Jin Chen

February 2nd, 2011 3:54pm

Jin Chen,

I have taken all the screen shots of reportserver configuration.... but i can't able to send those files to your mailid.When am sending you a maill,after two or three second new mail coming from MAILER-DAEM statting that your msg has not been send to your recepient. If you receive any mail plz respond me..... else provide any personal mailid ...

Thanks,

SABARINATHAN87

February 4th, 2011 11:50am

Jin Chin,

If you complete your new year holiday.... come and respond to my post..... happy new year for u and your family.

Thanks,

SABARINATHAN87

February 10th, 2011 4:45pm

Hi SABARINATHAN87,

The TargetServerURL in BIDS settings must be the Web Service URL. In this case, it should be: http://home:8080/ReportServer

Thanks,
Jin Chen

February 13th, 2011 5:26am

Hi JinChin

Thanks a lot for your suggestion man... any way i formated my PC and installed server O.S and done the changes you suggested. Now it's not asking for login prompt. Once again thanks a lot for your patience and responce.

February 14th, 2011 3:36pm

Hi Jinchun,

What you explained above worked perfectly for me. The authentication went away and clicking the link to a SSRS report went directly to the report without asking for login password any more.

Thank you so much!

Yeong-Cherng Wey

March 7th, 2015 12:21am

Hi Jinchun,

What you explained above worked perfectly for me. The authentication went away and clicking the link to a SSRS report went directly to the report without asking for login password any more.

Thank you so much!

Yeong-Cherng Wey

March 7th, 2015 5:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics