Ask the End User to Resolve their Incident

Just curious if anyone has this in place or even general thoughts on the following scenario -

An Incident for an end user is considered resolved, although it's put in a status of let's say "Pending Resolution Confirmation". Thus waiting for the end user to actually confirm that their incident is in fact resolved.

Does anyone have an idea of the shape of the runbook that could be involved in a reminder style email about said incidents on a specific schedule? The idea I have right now is...

1. After 1 day of no activity & being in the status email the affected user with a link for [resolved]
2. After 2 days of no activity & being in the status email the affected user and their manager with a link for [resolved]
3. After 3 days of no activity & being in the status email the affected user and their manager, twice a day at X time, with a link for [resolved]

Now while I tend to fall into the camp of "After x days/tries just mark it as resolved." But in the spirit of customer service, I can't entirely embrace that concept. Is the best scenario to accomplish the above leveraging some kind of global counter in Orchest

May 29th, 2015 3:20pm

i typically tell clients to use "Resolved" as "IT considers this is fixed, but the end user hasn't confirmed" and "Closed" as "the end user has confirmed, this ticket is ready for after action checks and archive". From there on, you can use the Exchange connector to allow users to reply [Closed] and default notification rules to do your escalating complaining method. 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2015 3:40pm

i typically tell clients to use "Resolved" as "IT considers this is fixed, but the end user hasn't confirmed" and "Closed" as "the end user has confirmed, this ticket is ready for after action checks and archive". From there on, you can use the Exchange connector to allow users to reply [Closed] and default notification rules to do your escalating complaining method. 
May 29th, 2015 7:37pm

Hi,

In our email connector we even provides the end user with an option to [Reactivate] (and of course to [Closed] as Thomas has suggested).

May 30th, 2015 11:28am

Ended up leveraging Orchestrator and a lot of PowerShell...

http://scsmmercenary.blogspot.com/2015/06/hello-affected-user-i-fixed-your.html

July 11th, 2015 12:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics