Are the affected files from the Microsoft Security Advisory (2286198) actually fixed now?
Hi folks, Thanks for all replys / help in advance! Hope someone can shed some light into this for me but it is not quite celaer to me if the actual affected files from the Microsoft Security Advisory (2286198) are fixed when the KB2286198 patch is installed or not. I have implemented the manual fix (delete value of Iconhandler in the registry as descriped in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2286198) via a GPO registry import in my domain but am not sure now if I can undo those manual changes now if KB2286198 patch is installed on all my domain computers. Some feedback would be really apreciatedt Thansk a lot in advance for your help again Regards Andre
February 4th, 2011 10:33am

Hi Andre, According to the Note in KB2286198: Note We do not recommend that you use of this Fix it now that the security bulletin MS10-46 is available. We strongly recommend that customers deploy the security update instead. However, the Fix It remains available so that customers can deploy it in situations where the security update cannot be immediately installed and so that they can undo the Fix It after they install the security update. So, if the KB2286198 patch is installed, you can undo those manual changes. Hope this helps. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 6th, 2011 10:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics