Are blog entries searchable?

We have recently deployed SP2013 corporate wide and some employees have started blogging. Some of the information they are putting out there are very helpful tips and tricks. However, I do not see any blog posts in the search results. I have to think these posts can be search results. I have tried to search the Internet, but it seems that because I am using the word blog the only results I am getting back are blog posts about searching. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

January 16th, 2015 1:06am

Yes, it should be. Please check your crawling rule.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2015 2:10am

Yes blog is very much searchable may be they are not ranked top. Please look at below link where you can create a separate BLOG search scope so that user can only search blog.

SharePoint 2010 Search: Show up all blog entries from different sites at one place

In another way, you can use a search result webpart to show all blog post which will be displayed from search.

January 16th, 2015 4:13am

Yes, Blogs post are searchable in SharePoint 2013 Search. You just need to do the following.

1. Make sure the Blog URL must be present in the content source. 

2. If the Blog site is part of other farm, make sure the include crawl rule created & the user must have full read permission for that site collection. 

3. If you still not able to get the desire results check the search logs (if there any error against for specific)

Please let me know if there any issue.

Regards

Basant Pandey

http://sharepointfordeveloper.blogspot.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2015 11:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics