Applying computer settings
If one has a server that fails to startup or takes an extremely long time unless it boots without the ethernet cable plugged in, where would be the best place to start? To expand, I have a set of exchange servers (2003) that act up when the IIS fails. I cannot simply restart the service and must reboot. Unplugging the ethernet cable when booting up, it boots up OK and starts; leaving the cable in the system can take hours "applying group policies" before one can log on. There are only to GPOs applied to these servers and they have not changed in months, RSOP or logs do not seem to reveal anything. I know a similar situation when domain controllers won't start after the C drive fills up and one must either disable IPSEC or run regsvr32 polstore.dll to get it to boot after going into safe mode. I'm not sure where to go next. Should I be focusing on IIS or GPOs?
January 21st, 2011 7:56pm

I'd take a hard look at DNS configuration. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2011 12:40am

Hello, as Dave Patrick menitoned, let's start with DNS, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the problem server and your DC/DNS server.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 22nd, 2011 6:13am

Hi, How's everything going? Is there any update on the issue? Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 31st, 2011 9:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics