App Controller with SCVMM 2012 R2

Hi All,

I am trying out App Controller 2012 R2 along with SCVMM 2012 R2.

I could deploy VM from a template, how ever the options for selecting Gust OS Profile and Hardware Profile was not there.

Is this by design? Does App Controller 2012 R2 will enable a self service user to perform all activities he can do using SCVMM 2012 R2 console ?

Thanks for your

January 28th, 2014 2:54pm

This is by design. App Controller is basically just a self-service portal that will let you deploy VM and Service Templates as is.

Choosing between different hw/guest OS profiles is not part of the App Controller scope.

If you are looking for a more advanced portal experience that supports much more of the VMM framework, I would recommend you to have a look at Windows Azure Pack.

-kn

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2014 11:19pm

Thanks for confirming Kristian !

I was evaluating AppController had a feel that Windows Azure Pack is something which is too heavy for the current requirement. In short, my requirement is only to enable an option for hosting/managing VMs for different groups with in the org. I could achieve this with SelfService role using SCVMM 2012 R2 - however good to have a web based console and hence landed in app controller.

I would try out Azure pack too !

Appreciate your help Kristian.

January 31st, 2014 2:04am

If this is only internal for the organization, I would rather recommend the VMM console instead of App Controller, since the self-service users there are able to select profiles.

-kn

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2014 11:58am

I hear that Kristian.

My only objective is to make use of all options available. As we are evaluating other competitors who can deliver similar private cloud, I don't want the private cloud with SCVMM  to miss out any available feature :)

I am yet to start the Windows Azure pack. Let me give a try.

Cheers !

February 1st, 2014 12:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics