Anywhere Access (and all other web pages) not working after restart
So a while ago I posted trying to get Anywhere Access back up an running, because when I set it up it is fine, I can log in from anywhere. After the Server restarts whether its an automatic update or me installing something, none of the web pages on the server (e.g. windows-server/connect) won't run because apparently something is using the port, I've seen this on loads of threads but I've never seen a solution to it. I was thinking that there might be a way to set priority of something, I sort of new to Windows Server stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.
August 29th, 2015 6:35am

Hi:

I looked at the prior thread which was marked as answered but seemed to stop without your agreement that the suggestions helped.  So we are left in a quandary as to what to suggest next because we don't know if the events of March were resolved and this is a new development or a continuation of the same.  Can you tell us if the bindings are set as Grey suggested?   And answer the question about other web stuff?

"I suppose check the bindings on the default site in IIS Admin.  It is normally set to all unassigned.  Have you installed any other web stuff, media servers, etc?"

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2015 8:54am

When I look at it it is marked as an answer though it is still very temperamental, when an install (either update or role/ feature) causes the server to restart it will no longer be able to start the web page messing whit the bindings and/or going thorough the setup process for Anywhere Access seems to fix it but I can never be sure, at one point I had it working for a month then suddenly I couldn't access it any more. I marked it as an answer as it seemed to fix it at the time.
August 29th, 2015 9:55am

So only a new install of something causes the Web Page to not start after rebooting the server?  A simple restart has no effect?

What are the bindings like when working and what are they like when not working?  Can you  put up a screen shot of both conditions?  And if you change them to the "working" condition does that improve things without a subsequent restart?  Or will it "usually" stay working until something further is installed such as an Windows update?

What other programs use IIS as their interface?  We can compare that list to a known good Essentials server.

August 29th, 2015 5:43pm

This is the first screenshot of its now 'fixed' state, if anything changes I'll post it here after a month I'll leave it, I'm going to reference this thread on the old one and mark this as the answer for now.
  • Marked as answer by LJSEA Thursday, September 03, 2015 5:04 PM
September 3rd, 2015 5:02pm

This is the first screenshot of its now 'fixed' state, if anything changes I'll post it here after a month I'll leave it, I'm going to reference this thread on the old one and mark this as the answer for now.
  • Marked as answer by LJSEA Thursday, September 03, 2015 5:04 PM
  • Unmarked as answer by LJSEA 22 hours 51 minutes ago
September 3rd, 2015 5:02pm

You need to run Roberts tool.  Not sure why you have that warning about no default ssl site

http://titlerequired.com/2014/02/14/windows-server-essentialsconfiguration-troubleshooter/

September 3rd, 2015 5:19pm

I got this:

Binding Missing      : Default Web Site

Website Name         : Default Web Site
Binding              : http*:80:-------------.remotewebaccess.com0

I blanked out the first part of the web access but it was correct.

September 4th, 2015 6:58am

The *ONLY* reason this would not work is if you installed some web app on the server.  Not that you can't install things, you just have to know how.  It is very easy to Google what is using port 80, but you prob already know.

In any case your bindings are wrong.  I would go to the dashboard, settings, Anywhere access and configure again to correct it

September 4th, 2015 10:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics