Anyone have an Antivirus solution?
I am just checking to see if anyone has successfully installed any anti-malware/virus software on Server 2008 Beta 3. I feel like a sitting duck anymore without any protection with a networked device. Thanks, -Scott
June 17th, 2007 5:20am

Hello Scott,you can use the integrated Windows Defender (MSASCui.exe) if enabled.Me, I am using in addition also Clamwin (ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner - that is, you need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus. But there are addins available to help you for certain programs (e.g. mail clients) and it has a schedule mechanism)And then of course you can use Google for your search and test the different software.Here is e.g. a list of AntiSpam & AntiSpyware & AntiVirus programs that seem to work with Vista RTM (Build 6000). (Yes I know that Vista is not the same as Server, but it is a starting point.)Would be nice, if you could tell then later your experiences, so others also can profit.Hope this helps,Erkan YILMAZ
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2007 11:39am

I'veinstalled Avast Antivirus Server Edition and it seems to work fine http://www.avast.com
June 23rd, 2007 4:20am

I have Symantec Client Security 10.2 installed on my Server 2008 machine. Everything appears to work; I can obtain LiveUpdates, scan my system for vulnerabilities, etc. That being said, AV ISV's will most likely rev their solutions to take advantage of the new features of Server 2008 and release updates on or around Server 2008 release. I strongly urge you to contact your AV ISV to get accurate information regarding their plans for Server 2008 compatibility. Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2007 1:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics