Any way to generate a list of pending updates on Win 2K server?
I have a couple of servers that I manage that have had somewhere around 45 patches downloaded, but not installed, via WSUS. As part of my job, I have toevaluate patches prior to roll-out for risk so I now need toresearch each of these patches. It appears that I will need to open up the update manager, write down each KB reference, then go searching.It would be a bit easier if I had the list as a list (ie some kind of text list) so I could copy/paste the references into TechNet for searching (the servers are not connected to the web so I can't just hot link to the patch information).Is this possible?TIAfor the assist.Doug
December 15th, 2008 4:16pm

This vbscript will return a list of required updates. Just execute it as "cscript wsuscheck.vbs >> c:\updates.log" 'scriptSet updateSession = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.Session")Set updateSearcher = updateSession.CreateUpdateSearcher() Set updateSearch = updateSearcher.Search("IsInstalled=0") If updateSearch.ResultCode <> 2 ThenWScript.Echo "Search failed with result code", updateSearch.ResultCodeWScript.Quit 1End If If updateSearch.Updates.Count = 0 ThenWScript.Echo "There are no updates to install."WScript.Quit 2End If Set updateList = updateSearch.UpdatesFor I = 0 to updateSearch.Updates.Count - 1Set update = updateList.Item(I)WScript.Echo "Update found:", update.TitleNext
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 15th, 2008 4:25pm

Thank you, I'll give it a go.
December 16th, 2008 4:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics