Any softwares by microsoft to search the whole Domain for some specific files or a way to scan the whole domain for Softwares.
Hi,Any softwares by microsoft to search the whole Domain for some specific files or a way to scan the whole domain for Softwares.Does microsft have a solution for these.RegardsSharath
July 20th, 2008 10:07am

So, just to get it right, you want to search every harddrive on every PC and every harddrive on every Server to look for specific files ?that's a lot of searching and trashing IO to HD's.Can you be more specific of what you want to accomplish ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2008 11:58am

I need to search all shared folders or specific set of machines from a remote machine.Say i want to find if Ms project is installed in my Domain.Then i need a way to search all machines in the network to get the info.Say i want to find who all have a file in there C drive with *.pst. then need to know.So i can infor them not to store there Pst files in the C drive.
July 20th, 2008 2:07pm

Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SCCM 2007) can be configured to inventory hardware and software on Configuration Manager 2007 clients. Hardware inventory gives you system information (such as available disk space, processor type, and operating system) about each computer. You can configure the information returned in hardware inventory by modifying the SMS_def.mof file. Software inventory agent gives you information such as inventoried file types and versions present on client computers. Software inventory alone just returns lists of file types, but combining software inventory with the information in the Asset Intelligence catalog allows you to create reports on which applications are used in your environment. In addition, you can \use the query and report feature in SCCM 2007 to query the inventory database to retrieve related information. For more information, please refer to the following link: Understanding Configuration Manager Features http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693873(TechNet.10).aspx If you have any additional questions about SCCM 2007, you can post to the SCCM forum below: https://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=488&SiteID=17Laura Zhang - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2008 10:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics