Anti-virus product
I recently built a Developer Workstation using Windows 2008 R2 Server for my primary use at Home. Now, unable to locate any anti-virus products for this server OS. Can you please recommend a free/paid anti-virus product for Windows 2008 R2 Server (x64)?Thanks & Regards, Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 27th, 2010 2:07pm

Hi Kamlesh, You might take look Forefront Client Security. It provides unified virus and spyware protection for business desktops, laptops, and server operating systems and fully supported on Windows Server 2008 R2. For more information, Please check the Forefront Client Security webpage: http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/en/us/default.aspx In this case, you could download the appropriate free trial version from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/Forefront/en/us/trial-software.aspx Hope this helps. Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 27th, 2010 10:14pm

Hi Kamlesh, If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let us know. We are looking forward to your reply. Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 1st, 2010 11:50pm

Hi Tiger Li, Thanks for your response and followup. I am now downloading the below from Microsoft TechNet subscribers download area: Servers -> Forefront Client Security -> Forefront Client Security (x86 and x64) published on 3/22/2008 Let me check if this works on Windows 2008 R2.Thanks & Regards, Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 2nd, 2010 12:01pm

Hi Tiger Li, When I run this setup on Windows 2008 R2, it gives me a dialog box indicating: This program has known compatibility issues. Microsoft Forefront Client Security has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. [Check for solutions online] [Run program] The check for solution button does not provide any solution. Do you advice me to go ahead and try the Run Program button?Thanks & Regards, Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 2nd, 2010 12:11pm

Hi Kamlesh, Thanks for update. Based on my knowledge, there are two parts in Forefront Client Security , server and client . According the article below , it does not support installing Client Security server components on Windows Server 2008 R2 host, client part does support. Verifying your system requirements http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404245.aspx Forefront Client Security v1.0 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 http://blogs.technet.com/b/forefront/archive/2009/09/03/forefront-client-security-v1-0-on-windows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx If you have any further questions regarding Forefront Client Security, please post to forefront forum: Forefront Products and Technologies Forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/forefront Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 3rd, 2010 2:12am

Hi Kamlesh, If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let us know. We are looking forward to your reply. Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 4th, 2010 4:47am

Hi Tiger, I stopped the installation as it gave compatibility issues. I can give a try to continue the installation with compatibility issues and see the result. As per the Technet blog, I should get an Windows Update to fix the compatibility on Win2008R2. Let me try and see.Thanks & Regards, Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 11th, 2010 10:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics